Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Assignment # 7






Check out some of Canadian personalities.



4. a) I enjoyed all of them a lot I exceptionally loved learning about all the contributions that females have done. I would have to say that "we fought" was my favourite out of them all. They all fought really hard for something they believe in. I admire them so much for that.




b) My favourite personality Nellie MC Clung. She was a feminist that started started off as a teacher. She met a lady that gave her great encouragement and she wrote a bestselling novel.




She used her great novel to get friends for the cause. I think she is the best because she fought for such a great cause.

I got all my great information from this great site.

c)There are lots of people that would that they could add to this website.One of the people that would be great for this assignment. One person that would be good for this web site is Dirk Graham. He was the fist hockey captain that was of African Heritage. One more great African Canadian is Mathieu Costa and he was actually the first person to set foot in Canada. The last person that I think should be on this website is Daniel Gali and he is a Olympic medalist in wrestler.


To learn more about Dirk Graham check out Aynalem's Blog.

To learn more about Matheiu Costa check out Kerry's Blog.

To learn more about Daniel Gali Check out Jaspreet's Blog.

7)The history-maker that I got the most in common with is James Naismith. He was the guy who invented the popular game of basketball. I figured it out very fast. By the second clue I knew exactly who I got. When it said that the "Naismith memorial basketball hall of fame bears my name." I was easy for me to figure it out because I already knew his last name. Well me and James both love to play sports. He' done many of the same sports that I've done. Also I love to make up games that I think will be fun for others to play. He also belonged to many sports teams and other clubs just like me.Also we both believe that sports and education are very important. There are some differences although we are similar in many ways. Fist of all he is big and famous and his new game went international and mine are vary rarely approved by my friends. When he was younger he went to World War I. I respect him a lot for that but I am not planing on joining the military when i grow up.


8 e) Samantha Francis was a very inspirational female. She was the first female in the NHL. When she was at the age of 16 she was drafted to Detroit. She had a bit of trouble getting into the line at fist but when she did she played great. She was loved and wanted by so many teams. Everyone wanted her for her amazing shot and all the goals she scores. She was the nightmare of all NHL goalies. She was a coaches dream she did what she was told and did it great. Samantha got so many more people to come and watch them play. The stands where always full when ever Sam was going to play. When she was only 18 years old she got M.V.P. She was a legend for many girls and gave them hope that they to could be in professional sport teams just like her. At the age off 25 she got tired of playing with the boys. They always tried to knock her out because they where embarrassed because they where getting beat by a girl. After one to many injuries she started a WNHL. Women' s National Hockey League and made millions. Everyone wanted to watch how amazing these girls where. They stole so many fans from the guy's league that they had to reduce the guys arena to make room for the girls. There where some girls that did prefer to be with the boys though and they where able to because Samantha showed that it doesn't matter what gender you are if you can play Hockey then you should be aloud to join the team. Samantha made history by proving girls can do anything boys can. She inspired so many that taught that there dream was impossible to follow there dream and that anything is possible. Samantha Francis is a hero to many young female that have a dream to be in professional sport teams.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sam Good job on number seven. It's good and long
:)

Anonymous said...

hey sam,your info is so good.I love your colourful words.

Shauna Pollock said...

The site is www.kiva.org

Thanks for reminding me. I'll post more about that now - do you have any idea for a name of your club?

Gofran Hashim said...

nice Samantha

Morgan said...

Sam if you need some help getting the WNHL started I will help out and play.:D Plus on your frist presesson game apperence you would not be the frist female to play in a nhl persesson game.The first woman to ever play with an NHL team at all was Manon Reaume, a goaltender. She played in a preseason game with the Tampa Bay Lightning against the St. Louis Blues,On September 23rd, 1992.Well back to my point great assignment.:)