Wednesday, February 18, 2009

assingment #8

In this post I am doing assignment #8. I am writing an interview between me and Louis Riel.

Here today I have a very special guest. I have the "father of Manitoba". Louis Riel was the leader of the Métis. Métis are one of the three know as Aboriginal people in Canada. He led them to two resistance movements against the Canadian government. He fought to save Métis cutler and homeland.

Sam: Thank you so much for taken time out of your bussy schedule and coming here to answer my questions.

Louis: No problem I am excited to be here today.

Sam: Some people think that you are a hero and others think you are a villain what would you say you are?


Louis: I know that not everyone fells the same but I believe that I am a hero to many. I brought awareness to metis problems. I feel that what I did was the write thing to do.

Sam: so I see that you still stand behind your decision.What did it feel like when you surrendered and where going to Regina to stand trial? What where you thinking that must have been a really scary situation knowing that you could get the death treatment?


Louis: Ya I was real scared and worried. I won't say I wasn't but it still doesn't change anything. I was scared to die scared that we lost but I am proud of what I did and I would do it again if I needed to. When I was standing there and they where reading all the reason that I was getting hanged I was thinking about how we would have been worse off if I hadn't steeped in and about how many people think of me as a hero. I forgot at that point about all the people that think that I was wrong and that I was evil and focus on the people that said I was a hero and that what I did was right.

Sam: Well that some positive thinking! My last question for the day is that there was a lot of people that say you where faking the mental problems and other that say actually had some mental problems. What do you say to that? Where you or weren't you telling the truth?

Louis: The people can believe what ever they wasn't to believe. If they think that I just made it all up to get mercy then they are wrong. I will admit that I had some problems for a few months hut got over it. The doctors did clam that I was sane and had no problems in my mental care. I believe that they where wrong but all my problems ended when I meet this one girl. Her name was Evelina and she helped me through some tough times.


To learn more about Louis Riel check out these three sites.
site one
site two
site three

2 comments:

Morgan said...

nice assignment I liked the part when Louis was saying how he was scard.That was some GOOD POSITIVE THINKING.:D Well good job.

Morgan said...

Sam come check out my blog.
From: Morge